(Dip.Teach., B.Ed., B.Psych., M.Health.Couns., Dip.Yoga,. Dip.Clin.Hyp.
Registered Psychologist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hatha/Dru Yoga Teacher,
Member of APS, ASH WA.,
Committee member for APS, Perth Branch, and ASH WA Branch
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) full registration
and Working with Children (WWC) clearance)
Frances is a mature-age psychology graduate completing her psychology registration after many years of being an experienced primary school teacher specialising in early childhood and music/drama specialist education.
During her Masters of Health Counselling she gained experience as a Drug and Alcohol Counsellor and telephone crisis counsellor with Salvo Care Line with all age groups and issues. As a Counsellor, School Chaplain, School Psychologist, and now through her own private practice, Frances has combined her diverse knowledge through the body-mind connection using psychologically focussed therapies, CBT, EMDR, hypnotherapy, and mindfulness-relaxation strategies within her sessions. Frances has also trained in various aspects of Yoga therapy.
Frances creates a caring, respectful, safe and peaceful place helping you re-discover your own resources and ‘lightbulb’ moments, helping you to re-ignite and reveal the spark, the light that already exists. Using your own metaphors will help the conscious/subconscious mind to make those changes, no matter how small, to assist your healing and enhance your well-being.
Frances enjoys using a number of approaches specific to your needs including
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) including Changing Tracks & Trauma focussed CBT (TF-CBT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) & Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy (SFBT) & Schema Therapy (ST)
- Eye Movement & Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Tapping
- Clinical Hypnotherapy & Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Yoga Therapy including Mindfulness, Relaxation, Meditation & Breathing Techniques
Frances will help you focus on the cause rather than band-aiding the symptoms with such issues as
- Stress Management, Anxiety &/or Depression
- Trauma & Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD)
- Phobias, Panic symptoms & Addiction including smoking
- Social issues including Resilience, Self-Esteem & Confidence building
- Self-care personal growth for students, parents & professionals
- Grief and Loss Coping strategies & Life Transitions
- Pain related issues including gut-related pain